As we all know, the heydays of Facebook page organic reach are long gone. Gone are the days where you could post to your Facebook page and have it seen by a large percentage of your followers. These days we often see reports of people claiming their posts are only shown to 2% or less of their audience. While the easy solution is to start buying ads, a lot of us can’t justify that kind of spending when starting out a new blog. The alternative is to increase your engagement with your posts which will then increase your exposure.
Facebook has evolved a lot to keep your newsfeed clean. It will only show you posts it will interest you. To do this, they have developed a lot of smart algorithms. These algorithms analyze what you read, click on, like, comment on, share as well as many other factors. Following a Facebook page is no longer a good enough indicator to Facebook that you want to see a lot of posts from that page. Facebook now will analyze how that follower interacts with your page to determine how many of your posts to show it.
The solution then is to build up engagement for your page. To do this you need to start posting things to your page that will drive up interaction. Just posting links to your blog posts or passive update comments won’t do it. The key to engagement is asking questions and asking for interaction. Sit down and take a while to think about some questions you can ask your followers to get them to either reply or like your page post. I have listed 25 generic questions you can ask below to help get you started but also try to think of some specific to your niche. When you are posting these questions, don’t just post the text. Create images from them to give them greater exposure.
The nice thing about this technique is it creates a snowball effect. Facebook will see your posts starting to gain a higher interaction rate from some of your follows. Facebook’s algorithms will interpret this as a popular post that may interest other people. It will then start to show these posts to more and more of your followers. Feel free to comment below with any other questions you think should be added to this list.
- Name one book you would recommend to everyone
- If you could change one thing in the last year, what would it be?
- Are you a morning person or an evening person?
- If you could recommend one phone app to anyone, what app would you recommend?
- Name one thing you are looking forward to next month
- If you had $1m what would be the first thing you bought?
- If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead, who would you pick?
- What was the last thing you watched on TV?
- What was the last thing that made you laugh?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What app on your phone could you not live without?
- If you had to delete one app on your phone right now, which one would you pick?
- What was the last book you read?
- What time do you get up in the morning?
- If you could only drink one drink for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- When was the last time you slept in past 9 am in the morning?
- If you could swap places with any movie character, who would you be?
- What type of car do you drive?
- What one food could you not live without?
- When was the last time you took a selfie?
- If you were one of the seven dwarfs, which one would you be?
- If you could recommend one website to anyone, what would you recommend?
- What one feature do you really which your phone could do?
- If you could give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice, what would you tell yourself?